Sunday, June 17, 2012

Oh so today is Father's Day?

So, last week I wrapped Corey's Father's Day present.

Forced him to have a little photo shoot with the baby.

Although, you can tell he didn't need too much convincing.

Then let him open his present.

Then my mom informed us we were a week early.

What?

I have been in zombie land.

It's this really fun place where new moms get to visit.

I'm just barely starting to feel like a normal human being again.

But in honor of Father's Day, be it this week, or last....

I wanted to do a little post for my husband.

The Father of my child. Children if you count the dog.


Photobucket


Let's be honest. We totally count her.





blog1


 So let's start with the hospital.

Corey's favorite three words in the hospital were...

"Is that normal?"

To which each nurse and doctor would reply, yes.

I loved all the questions Corey had for the staff.

"My baby keeps jerking her arms up in these quick fast motions."

"Is that normal?"

Yes. That's normal. It's just her nervous system getting used to things.


blog2 

One thing I'm pretty thankful for is Corey's family here in Minnesota.

I was especially grateful when his brother and family showed up at the hospital with Subway.

I was STARVING.

Then another sister in law showed up with her girls and some books for baby girl.

We are hoping she likes to read.

Mostly I am grateful for Corey's parents.

Betty and Virgil.

I am thankful for this son of theirs and the way they raised him.

It was pretty special that they were able to be around for Corey's first days as a father.

They found him just as amusing as I did.

My mother in law and Sister in law and her girls held Hazel in the hospital while I had my first bath. 

Yes I had to wait 24 hours for a bath. 

I was so relieved that they were there to love on Hazel while I relaxed.

Also Corey's father told me he used to go in their rooms to check if they were breathing.

I don't think he has any idea how normal that made me feel.

I constantly check to make sure she's breathing.

At least I did in the beginning. 

Now quite a bit of the new mom anxiety has hit the road.

Thank heavens.

  blog3

How appropriate that on Father's Day Corey has earned the title "the Hazel Whisperer".

I had no idea of Corey's capacity to love.

It's amazing how much love he has for our little family.

And that makes me really thankful.
 
 

blog4 



When the home care nurse came on Sunday the 3rd, Corey had lots of questions for her.

Um Betty and I also had a couple questions.....

One of which was;

"Is it normal for her to be rolling over already?"

Turns out it is. Only because she was such a little button.

Once she fattens up it won't be so easy for her to roll her chunky body over.

Not going to lie though, Betty and I thought she was freakishly strong.

Hazel had her first spit up when the nurse was here.

Corey jumped up and shouted, "What do we do?!?!"

After we told him to grab a burp cloth, we all got a pretty good laugh over his reaction.




blog5



Corey was really sweet when we got home from the hospital.

He wanted to make sure everything was put away and the house was clean.

Him and his mother spent at least an hour cleaning the bath tub.

Just the tub.

I was so thankful for that.

Our apartment tub grosses us out so it was nice to be able to relax knowing they scrubbed it.

Not to mention the rest of our house that they cleaned and organized while I snoozed.

Then Corey wanted to make sure we had plenty of food. 

Poor Virg had to go the grocery store with him while he 'bargain shopped'.  

Not an easy task.

blog6 

I had so much anxiety when we first got home from the hospital.

It was a relief to know that Corey was all over it.

If I wasn't holding Hazel then Corey was. Or one of his parents was.

And as obsessive as that is, it was exactly what I needed to get through the first couple of days.

For that I am eternally grateful for all 3 of them.


blog7


As I sit here and type this post my baby is screaming.

Sca-ream-ing.

But not to worry.

All is well.

Her Dad is holding her.

And she could not be in better hands.

His ability to calm her kind of makes me jealous.


blog8


Before Hazel was here I would tell Corey about girls and their dads.

I told him how he will be her first boyfriend.

And her hero.

I told him how Hazel will choose someone to marry based on what kind of husband and Father her own dad was.

I think if she makes those life choices based on her own father then everything will be alright.

Because he is a good husband.

And he is a rockstar dad.



blog10 



As a side note, this was Corey's Father's Day present.

He's been asking for one pretty much since we found out we were expecting.

All his dreams came true.

Now if she would just gain 2 pounds so he could start using it.


Post edit:

I just want to say how thankful I am for my own father. I am blessed to have two.

I'm thankful for my Dad and his example. I'm grateful for his testimony, and his ability to love all of us the same. Or so he claims.

I'm thankful for the conversation I had with him on Friday. You know the one I speak of Dad. I needed to hear what you said. I'm grateful for your words.

I'm thankful for John. I'm so grateful for his example also and for his ability to love me as his own daughter. I'm also grateful for John's testimony. I'm thankful for his talents and the way that he shares them with everyone he meets.

I love them both and I am blessed to be their daughter.

3 comments:

  1. What a great post! There's some funny stuff right there! I had a hunch Corey would turn into a big softy with Hazel:) Aren't dad's the greatest? And I'm so jealous you got Subway...I had to be on an all liquid diet for 24 hours!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Krystle, so beautiful. Look at what you did...you made a family. The baby whisperer role tends to change...soon it will be only Mama! I can see you are enjoying every second. Best advice I have for you is to trust in your own wisdom. It's okay to ask for opinions, but the bottom line is, YOU are her Mama and you know what is best for her. Truly. You do. And Hazel knows it.
    Big big big love to you♥♥♥Deb

    ReplyDelete
  3. you're a sweet girl! And that's a sweet daddy! and you guys have a sweet baby girl!

    ReplyDelete

shout out