Thursday, June 11, 2009

Dear Elder Garrett


My Brother.
I thoroughly enjoy his emails.
They come every Tuesday now that he is in the field.
I'd like to post a small paragraph from one of his recent happenings.
If there was ever any doubt that Gordon and I are actually blood related, this next excerpt should clear all that up.
We received this from him Tuesday May 26th. Again this is just a snippet of his email. Not the whole thing;


"I am not sure I should even tell this one, because mom might die of a heart attack. I surely hope not because I am telling it anyway. But before I do I guess I should tell you about the people I live with. Their names are the Drown's. They are in an english ward. They are really nice and tell us to eat what we want and when we want. And they kind of get mad if you don't. So that's good. They have a son in Argentina right now. Okay so I wake up one of the days this week and have to go to the bathroom. so I do. I only have to go numero uno, but something is kind of wrong with their toilet I think. So I flush, and the water starts to come up instead of go down. Somehow the toilet was clogged from the night before or something. So anyway I am sitting on the edge of the bathtub praying it doesn't overflow. And it stops like a quarter of an inch before it would get to the point where it would overflow. And thank Heavenly Father, and think about what I am to do now. Cuz i can't plunge it because the water would go everywhere. And I couldn't find the plunger anyways. So the water starts to go down, I start to feel relieved. The water gets all the way down, and I find the plunger. So I'm thinking shoot, now there is no water to plunge with. So I think I got to flush the toilet again, and wait for the water to go down. So I flush. . . and the water is coming up a whole lot faster than it was before, I start praying again. and it gets to the point where it was before, and its still rising. And... it overflowed. Anyway, I ran in and got my companion, with plunger in hand, and we cleaned it up for our work out time. and that is the end of my embarrassing first week story. Sorry it had to do with toilets and stuff. Hopefully you got kick or two out of it. And hopefully you are still breathing. But who knows you guys may not even find it funny. But I am laughing as I am writing."

Oh trust me brother. We find it funny.

I thought only stuff like that happened to me? I would like to point out he says, "I am sitting on the edge of the bathtub praying it doesn't overflow."
I am glad to see he is exercising faith.
When discussing this event later on with Natalie I said;
"Nat, Gordon grew up with 5 sisters. How does he not know how to plunge a toilet?"
"Oh, he knows how." Nat said, "I'm pretty sure he just didn't want to get toilet water on him."
So I took it upon myself to send Elder Garrett a........
"Do it yourself. Don't make your companion help. Plunging kit."
Complete with;
Latex Gloves (for the ultimate hand protection)
Protective Face Masks (as to not breathe in any germs)
Goggles (to protect his handsome eyes)



Rain Poncho (to protect his clothing while knee deep in toilet water)
Drop cloth (guard the bathroom floor so the members continue to feed him)
Shoe Guards (you get the idea)


Last but not least;
Mini Plunger
(for the plunging of the toilet)





The kit wouldn't be complete without this picture of Corey demonstrating the use of the plunger.



Hopefully Elder Garrett finds this as funny as I did.
And hopefully he sends a picture home while wearing all his gear.



13 comments:

  1. That post freakin' ROCKS!! HAHHAHAH Iam laughing so hard. You are totally right though...this post would not be complete without the picture of Corey! Ha I love it! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HA! I was enjoying the read, then enjoyed your kit even more, and then HAHAHHAHAHAHA! Your husband is a doll.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am just laughing and laughing as I read this and see all the stuff. He is going to die laughing! Hopefully that plunger has never been used that is on Corey's head!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow...this is the funniest post ever! I'm laughing my head off right now! I know he'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. of course you would send that kit. you probably had all those items under your bathroom sink.

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAHA, so funny! I love that you are sending him a plunging kit. He will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Krystle, Your the best. That was the funniest blob I've ever seen. You are so original.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well I goofed up on the word blog. It was also a blob I guess. You are the best and I love you

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love it...you are the best sister! He will have so much fun with your kit!! And probably need it several times throughout the years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAHAHAHAHAHA! That is so hilarious! Trust me we were ALL laughing throughout his story! He will love his gift basket, I know i would if i was knee deep in poop water! HAHAHAHA! And the picture of Corey......PRICELESS!

    ReplyDelete
  11. so where are those bedroom pictures you were telling me about??

    ReplyDelete
  12. That is awsome!! I can tell that gordon is going to be highly entertained!!!

    ReplyDelete

shout out