Tuesday, June 23, 2009

"You're quite the baker."

That's what Corey just said to me.

I say it's amazing what talents you can discover within yourself.

Out of necessity.

I am so used to my gifted Mother being around when I'm craving a treat.

"Doesn't salsa sound good?" I ask.

There it is.

In her fridge the next time I go over.

When Corey volunteered me to make salsa for "Customer Appreciation Day,"

I started to call my Mom.

Then I remembered I live in Idaho now.

And she does not.
I'd have to make it myself.

Then Corey says.

"Hey, I signed up for a dessert tomorrow, maybe sugar cookies?"

I called Mother.

Corey left for work the next morning with these in tow.

Last week I tackled My Mother's banana cookie recipe.

And that's when I discovered I have potential to become....

"Quite the baker."

Holla.

4 comments:

  1. Little Miss Krystle you are quite the baker, little miss Jilly better scoot over, and call Martha Stewart cuz Krystle is in the HOUSE and she's baking up a storm! As your Momma, I'm so proud of you and very proud that you are NEVER afraid to try something new. I have known all along that you had the "baker thing" you just had to bring it!! I love you so much and by the way, thanks for the treat you left on my pillow--it was a lot nicer than some of the things Bailey has left there. I love surprises like that and enjoyed every minute of it. Love you tons! Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. Krystle! Those cookies are beeeeuteeeeeful! You are certainly thriving in marriage.

    ReplyDelete
  3. lulu, i don't appreciate that one bit! ok fine, krystle can bake, and decorate, and do hair and pretty much anything she wants...blah blah blah, yadda yadda yadda.I get it :) And I'm so not surprised.

    ps. those cookies look delish. i like the frosting combo too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Krystle you are so talented. I am so happy that you are finding your inner baker. After 8 years of marriage I am still searching. Keep up the great wifely duties :)

    ReplyDelete

shout out