Friday, July 17, 2009

Did you bring me a monkey?



Father's Weekend part deux is all about you.


John.


Where do I start?


First of all have I ever told you how grateful I am to have you?


Probably not.


I am so grateful.


Thank you for always being on my team.


Thank you for always making me feel important.


Thank you for telling me how lame boys were every time one of them broke my heart.


Thank you for believing in me.


Thank you for loving Corey.


Thank you for being our # 1 fan all the time.


We appreciate ALL that you have done for us.


I will miss you driving me to the airport and picking me up in Salt Lake.


Thank you for giving me so many blessings.


I will cherish them always.


Thank you for always setting such a good example.


Thank you for always accepting me.


Thank you for teaching me how to be funny.


Cause let's face it.


We're funny.


Thank you for teaching me how to embrace new beginnings and fresh starts.


I've had quite a few this year huh?


Thank you for long talks and words of encouragement.


I couldn't have asked for a better stepdad.


But to be honest lets face it.


You were never a stepdad.


Just an extra dad.


I love you .




Now for you Grandpa Middleton.

Man we miss you.

I didn't always get to see you, but it's extra hard knowing you are gone now.

Thank you for your constantly shared testimony.

Thank you for finding lessons in every situation and always teaching us.

Thank you for your example.

I watched the soldier hand grandma the flag at your services.




Thank you for serving our country.


Thank you for being such a terrific husband/father/brother/grandpa.


Thank you for loving each of us with your whole heart and caring deeply about our success.


I love you Grandpa.



1 comment:

  1. John is awesome!He made everyone feel like he was their best friend. He was definetly missed by everyone in the ward when he moved to Utah. EVERYONE loved him.

    ReplyDelete

shout out