Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Telephone Hour


So I found the most amazing old school phone at Good Will.
I showed it to Ivy and Bryton and they fell in love.
I soon discovered that Bryton and Ivy also had a very real obsession for my phone, when I heard Ivy call her mom and tell her all she wanted for Christmas was a phone jack in her room.

When I saw how infatuated they were I knew it was fate.I figured this fascination for vintage phones must run within our bloodlines.
I think only my Grandma Sonja truly knows how intrigued I am by phones such as these.

I also knew I could not deprive these two darling little ladies, and that they must each have their very own.
So I found a second phone at another Good Will, and they got these for Christmas.
Of course being Ivy and Bryton they thought we should take some pictures with their new treasures.

We made a night of it. In fact we were up til 3 and I woke up the next morning sick as a dog and have been since.
But oh my, we had fun.
For those of you familiar with "Bye Bye Birdie" you should know the song 'Telephone Hour'. They made me put it on repeat so they could feel inspired. I wanted to gouge my eyes out.

















I will miss seeing these girls when I make my big move to Utah on Monday.
Thank heavens I will be back once a month to do hair.
Maybe they will use their new phones to call me once a day (because guess what? Those vintage babies actually work).







2 comments:

  1. hey i just found your blog.. you should have commented on mine along time ago so i would have known!! but ok, you are moving to utah?? why?? we won't be able to hang out anymore. jk, but really what's in utah??

    ReplyDelete
  2. What's in Utah? What's in Utah!?!?! Ppshaw!

    Snow
    Mountains
    Training Table
    Uhhhh....

    US!!!!

    Give me a call once you arrive. I'll help you do whatever need doing. :)

    ReplyDelete

shout out